Friday, May 21, 2010

Back to the good old days of keeping Songbirds.

It has been along time since I made the last post. Recently have gone back to keeping songbirds, a hobby that I was heavily involved before my National Service days. My wife was the unfortunate person who unknowingly re-ignited by old passion. Though she regrets alittle for getting herself into this episode, she has truly been as supportive and understanding as ever to my crazy activities. "143"


After a frenzy of buying and trading a dozen songbirds for the last year, have settle down to two shamas and two mata puteh and a grey finch. Must also thank Dr Sun for getting me into shamas, a songbird that I always wanted to keep. Together we hope to master this songbird and be as successful in it as we have been in discus keeping. We regularly bring out the birds to 'Chai'. it is a true spectacle and we never always get astonished by the shama's wide variety of tunes and melodies. We also plan to take part in competitions and eventually breed them.





This is Gary












This is Rocky (under going a molt)








My Mata Puteh/white eyes


My Grey Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment